The Sevenoaks Fund, which is administered by Sevenoaks Town Council (We), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions (our terms) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By registering your details with us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Sevenoaks Town Council of Council Offices, Bradbourne Vale Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 3QG.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website.
- people who make donations with us or register with us.
- The information we collect about you
When you use the Sevenoaks Fund website or register with us we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name
- Your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Your payment details such as debit or credit card numbers, although please see below in respect of Stripe.
- How we will use the information about you
- We gather this information to allow us to collect donations and or raise funds for the projects listed on our website. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general. We may also contact you about other charities we think may be of interest to you.
- We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will not directly market to you (except in relation to similar goods and services and then only be email or text) unless you specifically opt-in to this at the time of registration.
- Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
- For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies policy [ADD LINK].
- UK Gift Aid
- Where applicable, if you wish to claim UK Gift Aid on the donation, we will collect relevant personal information about you.
- If you are eligible for UK Gift Aid we may also request you to confirm your UK residential address (if you have not already done so).
- We will forward your details to the applicable charity for the purposes of Gift Aid who will process your claim.
- We work with Stripe which provides our secure payment service. When making a donation on our website, your card details are processed and stored securely by Stripe.
- Stripe Payments UK, Ltd. is a company registered in 9th Floor, 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN.
- How we protect your information
- We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: [PROVIDE DETAILS OF SECURITY MEASURES IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED, EG FIREWALLS, BROWSER CERTIFICATION TECHNOLOGY, ENCRYPTION, LIMITED ACCESS, USE OF PASSWORDS, ETC AS APPROPRIATE – SPEAK TO YOUR WEB DEVLOPER ABOUT THESE].
- We will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
- Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to the Sevenoaks Fund changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
- How to contact the Sevenoaks Fund
- Links to other websites